Director Public Works
The Department of Public Works seeks excellence in the delivery of services, through its various operations to all City residents. We are committed to deliver these services with fiscal responsibility, respect for the environment, quality of service and due diligence.
The goal of the Department is to ensure that all municipal owned buildings and properties under the jurisdiction of this Department are properly maintained, secured, and safe for the general public and municipal employee use.
The Department consists of the following Divisions, Solid Waste, Public Property, Engineering, Bureaus of Streets, Traffic & Transportation.
The Department is located at City Hall: 319 East State Street, Room 103, Trenton, New Jersey, 08608. For additional information please call the Director's Office at (609) 989-3151.
Click here for a list of certified laboratories that can test drinking water.
Litter, trash, graffiti and neglected buildings create an atmosphere of neglect and apathy. Every resident who keeps his or her property tidy makes an important contribution to community well-being. The City government is committed to keeping Trenton clean and welcoming.
- Unsecured abandoned buildings invite trouble. Call 989-3163 to have city-owned vacant buildings boarded and cleaned of illegally dumped trash.
- To report illegal dumps, unsecured privately-owned vacant properties or poorly maintained rental properties call 989-3563.
- For help getting streets and alleys cleaned call 989-3200.
- To learn when trash is picked up in your neighborhood or to arrange special pickups call 989-3175.
- Recycling truck missed your house? Call 278-8086 (English) or 278-8083 (Spanish).
- Erase graffiti with a call to Graffiti Blasters at 989-3175.
- Have overgrown street trees trimmed by calling the Shade Tree Bureau at 989-3255.
- Report unsanitary conditions in restaurants and pests in public places with a call to 989-3280.