Health & Human Services Department
The Department of Health and Human Services advocates for and ensures access to services which enhance the quality of life for the people of Trenton.
We support individual growth and professional development of staff to enable them to perform their duties and responsibilities with respect and sensitivity to the needs of our diverse community.
We provide quality services and maintain the public trust through programmatic and fiscal accountability.
We strive to develop human and financial resources that will promote full community participation and empowerment.
- Plan and administer a comprehensive public health program, including, without limitation thereto, environmental sanitation, communicable disease control, child and adult health and health education, laboratory services and such other services as may be authorized by the Charter or ordinance.
- Administer and enforce local health ordinances and the licensing of dogs pursuant to law.
- Maintain and administer vital statistics, including births, deaths and marriages in accordance with state law, and receive applications for and issue marriage licenses pursuant to law.
- Plan, develop, administer and coordinate the operation of socialization programs and social services for children, families and adults
- Prepare demographic data and statistical analyses in order to prioritize and deliver human services.
- Coordinate human service delivery systems in conjunction with other public and private agencies and organizations.
- Provide and arrange for the shelter and custodial care to dependent and homeless men and women.
- Provide and arrange for employment readiness, employment training and employment placement opportunities to persons requiring assistance in gaining self-sufficiency.
- Apply for Assistance
- Best Way to Make Payments
- Call to Serve: New Jersey Needs You
- Bids: Conducting Public Bid Openings
- Can I Drive?
- COVID-19 Dashboard - Cases by County
- COVID-19 Flyers & Posters
- Curfew (English)
- Curfew (Spanish)
- Drinking Water
- FAQ: NJ Businesses
- Feeling Stressed?
- Food Bank Pantry
- Governor's Desk
- Grab n' Go Meals
- Help is Just a Phone Call Away
- IRS: Deferred Tax Payments
- Motor Vehicle Commission
- NJ: Income & Business Taxes
- NJDOL Benefits: What Employees Should Know
- NJ SNAP
- Price Gouging
- Protection for Renters
- Public Safety
- Residential Mortgage Relief
- Rumor Control
- Save Yourself a Trip: Call First!
- SBA: Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources
- Student Loans
- Trash Collection
- Trenton Public Schools
- What's Closed
- What's Suspended