Division of Planning
The Division of Planning aims to promote sustainable communities, strategic growth, transit-oriented development, and comprehensive, consensus-based planning for our City, as well as establishing policies and zoning regulations applicable citywide for assurance of orderly and coordinated development. It supports the Planning Board and Zoning Board of Adjustments with technical assistance by reviewing all development requests and making recommendations to such Boards.
The Division seeks to empower citizens to take an active role and be effective in shaping the future of their neighborhoods and of Trenton.
The Planning Division staff are operating remotely and within the office on alternating schedules effective April 1, 2020 for the duration of the State of Emergency. We ask for patience in response time during this quarantine period. It is our goal to continue to serve the public the best we can in a manner that protects the public welfare.
Until further notice, all public meetings will be held virtually as video conferences with public access.
VIRTUAL MEETING ACCESS INSTRUCTIONS
The City of Trenton Planning Board, Zoning Board of Adjustment, and the Landmarks Commission for Historic Preservation are utilizing Microsoft Teams service to conduct virtual meetings in compliance with the New Jersey Open Public Meetings Act. If you have questions on how to access virtual meeting, click here to review our Microsoft Teams Meeting instructions.
To join the public meetings as an attendee, please click the link below for the Board or Commission to find scheduled date and time of upcoming meetings.
In order to speak during a public comment portion of the virtual meetings, refer to instructions on the agendas. Links to the agendas can be found at each Board or Commission listed above.
Trenton250 is Trenton’s long range Comprehensive Master Plan that will guide the City from now to the 250th Anniversary of its incorporation in 2042. For more information on Trenton250 and how to participate in the process, please visit the Trenton25 website. You can also like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter.
The Trenton250 Master Plan was adopted by the Planning Board on February 23, 2017 and accepted by City Council on March 16, 2017 (PDF).
Trenton 250 Documents
- Adoption (PDF)
- Transit Oriented Development Strategic Plan
- Health and Food Systems Report - In progress
- Stormwater Management Report - In progress
- Bellevue-Rutherford Redevelopment Area Plan- In Progress
- Trenton Complete Streets Implementation Plan - In Progress
- Trenton Opportunity Zone Strategic Development Plan- In Progress
- Waterfront Strategic Development Plan - In Progress
- Trenton Downtown Parking Management Plan - 2017 (PDF)
- Trenton Downtown Parking Summary Report - 2017
- Downtown Trenton Bicycle and Pedestrian Plan - 2016 (PDF)
- Issues and Opportunities Report - 2015 (PDF)
- Laying the Foundation for Strong Neighborhoods - 2015 (PDF)
- City Profile Report - 2014 (PDF)
- Natural Resource Inventory - 2014 (PDF)
Division of PlanningPhysical Address
319 East State Street
3rd Floor Annex
Trenton, NJ 08608
Jeffrey Wilkerson, PP, AICPSupervising PlannerPhone: 609-989-3502
Stephani Register, PPPrincipal PlannerPhone: 609-989-3507
Michael Kolber, PP, AICPSenior PlannerPhone: 609-989-3503