Division of Planning
The Division of Planning aims to promote sustainable communities, strategic growth, transit-oriented development, and comprehensive, consensus-based planning for our City, as well as establishing policies and zoning regulations applicable citywide for assurance of orderly and coordinated development. It supports the Planning Board and Zoning Board of Adjustments with technical assistance by reviewing all development requests and making recommendations to such Boards.
The Division seeks to empower citizens to take an active role and be effective in shaping the future of their neighborhoods and of Trenton.
Trenton250 is Trenton's long range Comprehensive Master Plan that will guide the City from now to the 250th Anniversary of its incorporation in 2042. For more information on Trenton250 and how to participate in the process, please visit the Trenton25 website. You can also like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter.
The Trenton250 Master Plan was adopted by the Planning Board on February 23, 2017 and accepted by City Council on March 16, 2017 (PDF).
Trenton 250 Documents
- Adoption (PDF)
- Health and Food Systems Report - In progress
- Stormwater Management Report - In progress
- Bellevue-Rutherford Redevelopment Area Plan- In Progress
- Trenton Complete Streets Implementation Plan - In Progress
- Trenton Opportunity Zone Strategic Development Plan- In Progress
- Waterfront Strategic Development Plan - In Progress
- Trenton Downtown Parking Management Plan - 2017 (PDF)
- Trenton Downtown Parking Summary Report - 2017
- Downtown Trenton Bicycle and Pedestrian Plan - 2016 (PDF)
- Issues and Opportunities Report - 2015 (PDF)
- Laying the Foundation for Strong Neighborhoods - 2015 (PDF)
- City Profile Report - 2014 (PDF)
- Natural Resource Inventory - 2014 (PDF)
Division of PlanningPhysical Address
319 East State Street
3rd Floor Annex
Trenton, NJ 08608
Jeffrey Wilkerson, PP, AICPSupervising PlannerPhone: 609-989-3502
Stephanie Register, PPPrincipal PlannerPhone: 609-989-3507