Programs & Activities
The Department of Recreation, Natural Resources, and Culture supports dozens of programs and activities throughout the year. Please bookmark this page and check back regularly. As the program and/or activity nears links will be set for more detailed information.
Virtual Field Trips
- The Zoo
- Yellowstone National Park
- The Louvre
- The Great Wall of China
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art
Online Games and Activities
- National Geographic Games and Activities
- Highlights Kids Games and Activities
- BreakoutEdu Educational Games
- Jigsaw Puzzle
- Livestream Doodles
- 3D Printing and Coding Projects
- Illustrated and Interactive Cookbook
- Virtual Musical Instruments
- Music Ear Training
- Interactive Music Lab
- Music Theory Exercises and Lessons
- Online Games
- Celebrity Storytime
Crafts and Printables
- Parent/Child Activities
- Waste Paper Shootout
- Crumple up paper that needs to be recycled to make mini-basketballs. Give each kids their own waste basket and have your own 3-point competition! Go for one-minute rounds and play music to make it more fun.
- Hand Soccer
- Find a 3-4 inch stress ball, use couch cushions to make boundaries and goals. Players play on hands and knees, and you can only move the ball by hitting it with your hand! (Remember to remove any fragile objects including picture frames from the room.)
- Learn to Dance
- Go to YouTube, find a popular dance, and learn it as a family.
- Indoor Treasure Hunt
- Hide things around the house, make a map, and have your children try to locate everything.
- Plastic Bottle Bowling
- Use a tennis ball and empty bottles to make a bowling lane
- Tornado in a Jar
- Using a clear, round bottle or jar, have the kids fill it with water and dish soap. Then let them shake it to make a tornado.
Have more fun ideas that you think we should add to our list? Contact email@example.com.