Trenton Urgent Rehabilitation Program (TURP)
We are currently not accepting applications.
The Housing Rehabilitation Program provides up to $5,000 to qualifying City of Trenton homeowners with an urgent or accessibility-related repair. Financial assistance will be provided to homeowners in the form of a grant, with no lien being filed on the property. Funds must be used on repairs that pose an immediate risk to homeowner's health and safety or provide accessibility improvements to elderly or disabled homeowners.
The City is currently accepting applications for the following:
Urgent repair or replacement of items posing an immediate risk to health or safety, including:
- Water heaters
- Severely leaking roof
Accessibility improvements for elderly or disabled person, including:
- Wheelchair ramps
- Grab bars in showers
- Accessible toilets
Lead Service Line Replacement Program Grant
If you have participated or is planning to participate in the TWW Lead Service Line Replacement program, you may be eligible to receive funding to cover the owner expense of the project.
To qualify for funding, you must:
- Be the owner and occupant of the home to be repaired.
- Have an urgent situation impacting your immediate health or safety -OR- require accessibility improvements
- Meet program requirements set by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), including income limits provided in chart below:
Maximum Income Limits
This program is funded by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development's Community Development Block Grant.
HOW TO APPLY
- Have a licensed professional evaluate your rehabilitation need.
- Complete the City of Trenton Urgent Rehabilitation Program application.
Submit an Application
Once the application is completed and supporting documents are compiled, contact the City of Trenton to schedule an appointment to review your application and documents. Same day appointments are available but must be made in advance due to the COVID-19 pandemic.