Rental Assistance and Eviction Prevention
Rental Assistance and Eviction Prevention Resources
N. J. Dept. of Community Affairs Emergency Housing Vouchers (EHV)
The New Jersey Department of Community Affairs was awarded a limited number of Emergency Housing Vouchers by the U. S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. The CEAS Center is completing DCA EHV applications for Mercer County residents who meet the following:
- Be a Mercer County single adult without children who is literally homeless – (experiencing unsheltered or unsheltered homelessness).
- Have a household income at or below 50% of the Area Median Income (AMI).
and meet one of the following criteria:
- Single adults without children who are literally homeless – (experiencing unsheltered homelessness or, residing in an emergency shelter in Mercer County) or;
- Individuals fleeing or attempting to flee, domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, stalking, or human trafficking
Individuals who meet the above criteria may leave their name and contact telephone number at 609-815-2579 or, email your information to: firstname.lastname@example.org
OTHER NON-EHV RENTAL ASSISTANCE:
City of Trenton Adult and Family Services
- Provides mortgage, rent and utility relief directly or indirectly impacted by COVID-19 Pandemic. Funding is distributed on a first come, first serve basis. Trenton, New Jersey residents only. For additional information call 609-989-3303.
Mercer County Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP)
- The Mercer County Department of Human Services in collaboration with the Mercer County Board of Social Services is offering financial assistance through the ERAP Program to renters for unpaid rent or utility bills impacted by the COVID-19 Pandemic. Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis until all funds are expended. For additional information please click the link: https://www.mercercounty.org/departments/human-services/office-on-homeless-services/emergency-rental-assistance-program-erap or, call: 609-389-3575.
New Jersey Eviction Prevention Information
- The State of New Jersey is offering protections to renters who experienced economic hardships during the COVID-19 Pandemic. Completion of the State’s Self-certification form and the CDC Declaration will help you to learn the type of assistance you may qualify for. For additional information click on the link: https://covid19.nj.gov/pages/renter or call the NJ DCA COVID-19 Rental Assistance at 609-490-4550.
N. J. Dept. of Community Affairs Emergency Rental Assistance Program
- The New Jersey COVID-19 Emergency Rental Assistance Program is a rental assistance program designed to provide relief to low- and moderate-income households residing in the State of New Jersey that are unable to pay rent and utilities due to the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Select the link to complete the application or to get additional information:
The New Jersey Housing Mortgage Finance Agency
- NJHMFA Offers COVID-19 Housing Resources for homeowners and renters. Click on the link to access the information website: https://www.nj.gov/dca/hmfa/covid19/njresidents/