TWW Introduces Online System to Help Customers Manage Their Accounts
Trenton, N.J. — Trenton Water Works today announced a new online service that enables its customers to more conveniently manage their accounts, including using additional payment methods, paying TWW bills and setting up payment reminders.
"Our customers have been asking for additional ways to pay their bills, prompting us to prepare this new system in recent months. We are excited to roll it out,” said Michael Walker, Chief of Communications and Community Relations for Trenton Water Works.
Powered by Invoice Cloud, a provider of integrated payment solutions, the online system can be accessed by visiting the Trenton Water Works website at www.trentonwaterworks.org and clicking on the “Pay Your Bill” link. Customers can establish an ongoing account by using their e-mail address and creating a password, or they can make a one-time payment. The online system will go live on Monday, March 30.
Here is a list of other Invoice Cloud features to help TWW customers manage their accounts:
* Credit and Debit Card Payments - Pay your TWW bill with a credit or debit card: Visa, MasterCard, Discover Card, American Express. There is a $3.95 convenience fee to use this service, which is paid to Invoice Cloud, and a limit of $500. In-person credit card payments can be made to customer service at TWW’s operations center, 333 Cortland Street in Trenton. At present, TWW can only accept cash at its City Hall, 319 East State Street payment windows.
* Autopay - Automatically pay your TWW water bill on the due date. There is a $0.95 fee for this service using ACH and $3.95 to use a credit card.
* E-check - Pay your bill with a checking or savings account for a $3.95 convenience fee.
* Go paperless - Receive your TWW bill via email.
* E-mail Reminders - Receive email reminders when your TWW bill is ready, when a scheduled payment is pending, and receive a confirmation after making a payment.
* Recurring Payment - Set up a schedule to pay a fixed amount of your TWW bill balance on a specific day of the month.
* Pay by Text - Receive text notifications about your bill on your smartphone and pay your bill via a stored payment method.
Customers without Internet access can pay their bills by phone by calling 1-855-667-0982. There is a $3.95 convenience fee to use this service. TWW does not receive any portion of the convenience fees paid to Invoice Cloud.
"We continue to examine ways to improve the service experience for our customers," added Walker. "We have hired additional customer service representatives, installed a new phone system, rolled out new call-center software, and expanded training to improve customer service. More enhancements are on the horizon.”
Trenton Water Works is among the largest publicly owned, urban water utilities in the United States. It supplies an average of 27 million gallons of Delaware River-sourced drinking water per day to 63,000 metered customers. It services more than 200,000 people in Trenton, parts of Hamilton Township, Ewing Township, Lawrence Township and Hopewell Township in Mercer County, New Jersey. Established more than 200 years ago, TWW operates a 60-million-gallon water-filtration plant and water-distribution system that includes a 100-million-gallon reservoir. TWW’s system has 683 miles of water mains varying in size from 4 to 48 inches in diameter, three pump stations, and six interconnections between TWW and other water suppliers.
# # #
Photo Caption: Trenton Water Works has approximately 63,000 metered customers.
Chief of Communications and Community Relations
Office of Communications and Community Relations
Trenton Water Works
Department of Water & Sewer
City of Trenton
333 Cortland Street
Trenton, NJ 08638
Direct: (609) 989-3033
Cell Phone: (609) 789-7272