The National Weather Service has indicated that heat index values may approach 100 degrees on Sunday afternoon and Monday afternoon. Heat index values may reach 100 to 105 degrees on Tuesday afternoon. We encourage residents to drink plenty of fluids, avoid prolonged exposure to the sun, wear light colored and/or loose fitting clothing, and most importantly check on relatives, friends, and elders.
Below is a list of cooling centers throughout the City of Trenton:
Masks are required to enter cooling centers and social distancing will be enforced.
Senior Centers - 10:00 A.M. – 6:00 P.M.
Sunday, July 26th thru Tuesday, July 28th
- Reading Senior Center (Seniors) at 15 Ringold Street. For transportation arrangements, call 609-989-3460. Capacity: 45 people.
- Jennye Stubblefield Senior Center (Seniors) at 301 Prospect Street. For transportation arrangements, call 609-989-3463. Capacity: 25 people.
Public Swimming Pools
- Cooper Pool - 396 Union Street
- Father Rocco Pool - 1501 New Willow Street
- Hetzel Pool - 190 North Olden Avenue
- Martin Luther King Jr. Pool - 347 Brunswick Avenue
- Roberto Clemente Pool - 342 Academy Street
Pool Capacity: 60 people
Pool Hours: 8:45 A.M. – 10:15 A.M. (Seniors), 10:45 A.M. – 12:15 P.M., 1:45 P.M. – 3:15 P.M., 3:45 P.M. – 5:15 P.M., 6:45 P.M. – 8:15 P.M.
For additional details about access to city pools, please visit: www.trentonnj.org/swim