TRENTON, N.J. – Mayor Reed Gusciora announced the schedule of events from the Trenton Recreation Department for the coming months.
“We’re excited to launch our summer recreation season with a mix of new and returning activities,” said Gusciora. “From cultural events to the re-opening of Hetzel Pool, there’s something for everyone to enjoy.”
All Trenton Pools re-opened on July 1 with Hetzel Pool scheduled to reopen in mid-July. Summer camps will take place at the pools on weekdays from 10-12 p.m., and instructional swimming will take place daily from 12-1 p.m. The pools will be open to the public daily from 1-8 p.m. with a one-hour closure from 5-6 p.m. for cleaning.
Movies Under the Stars will take place throughout the City at dusk.
- July 10, Laurel Place, Aquaman
- July 18, George Page Park, Captain Marvel
- July 25, Pat Pone Park, Wonder Park
- August 1, MLK Park, Small Foot
- August 8, Columbus Park, Avengers: Infinity War
- August 20, Greg Grant Park, Hotel Transylvania 3
- August 22, Lamberton Street Park, Mary Poppins Returns
A free concert will take place in a difference park each week from 6-8:30 p.m. Performers will be announced soon.
- July 10, Laurel Place Park
- July 12, South Warren Street
- July 19, Franklin Park
- July 26, Agabati Park
- August 3, Mill Hill Park
- August 9, Greg Grant Park
- August 16, Stacy Park
- August 24, Cadwalader Park (5-7 p.m.)
In addition, “Take It To The Streets” is a collaboration with the Mercer County Prosecutor’s office which brings activities directly to neighborhoods with few recreational outlets. The program, which last took place in 2011, will feature street basketball, bowling, skating, biking, Isle’s T-Recs Truck, moon bounces, crafts, face painting, food, music, and more activities for children and families to enjoy.
Take It To The Streets will take place Mondays and Wednesdays from 4-8 p.m.:
- July 8, Agabati Plaza (Whittaker Street)
- July 10, Laurel Park (Laurel Place)
- July 15, Donnelly Homes
- July 17, John Beech Playground (Third Street)
- July 22, Former Imani Church (350 Spring Street)
- July 24, South Walter and Greenwood (in collaboration with Westminster Presbyterian Church)
- July 29, Lipinski Park
- July 31, Virginia Street and Dayton Street
- August 5, Washington Street (between Morris & Ashmore)
- August 7, Boudinot Street
- August 12, Girard and Mechanics Avenues
- August 14, Landing Street
- August 19, Columbus Park (Hamilton Ave)
- August 20, Genesee Street
- August 21, West Ward Police Mini Station (Filmore Street)
For more information regarding recreational activities, please contact the Department of Recreation, Natural Resources, and Culture at (609) 989-3361.
Cell: (609) 575-1880
Office: (609) 989-3047