Trenton N.J. – On January 25, 2023 at 6 P.M., the Trenton Green Team will be hosting a virtual meeting via Microsoft Teams to begin a major restructuring of the group. The goal of this restructuring is to make the Green Team a much more resident- and community-driven organization. The Green Team welcomes members of the community to attend.
The City of Trenton established its Green Team in October 2011 with the passage of a Trenton City Council resolutions. The Trenton Green Team is composed of engaged Trenton residents and people, who live, volunteer, or work in the city, and who share a commitment to fostering a health and sustainable city. Past initiatives have included implementing green infrastructure projects, conducting energy audits, and making farmers markets accessible.
The agenda for the meeting on January 25, 2023, at 6 P.M. is as follows:
- Welcome and Introductions (Jim Simon, Isles)
- Intro to Sustainable Jersey and Green Teams (Lauren Skowronski, Sustainable Jersey)
- History, current status, and ongoing projects of the Trenton Green Team (Jim Simon, Isles and Michael Kolber, City of Trenton)
- How Green Teams operate and what it means to be a Green Team member (Chris Obropta and Chris Perez, Rutgers University)
- Poll Questions
- Open Discussion – Topics including but not limited to: community concerns, scheduling of meetings, and leadership (Open for all)
The link to join the meeting can be found here.