How should one address a housing problem?

First, notify the landlord of the problem and allow a reasonable time for the landlord to address the problem. If the problem persists, contact the housing inspection office at 609-989-3560, 609-989-3562 or 609-989-3563. Be prepared to provide the following: 

  • A description of the problem
  • How long it has existed
  • A contact number

Show All Answers

1. Can a citizen request a copy of his or her case?
2. How can one find out the status of a case?
3. How long should a complainant wait to call the inspector?
4. How many people can live in a property?
5. How should one address a housing problem?
6. What are the penalties associated with violating city housing codes?
7. What happens if a court appearance is not made when required?